Maritime Agency “Briese Crewing Ukraine” started its activities in 2012, gaining a reputation as a reliable and stable partner in the niche of employment of Ukrainian seafarers. Maritime Agency "Briese Crewing Ukraine" is fully licensed in accordance with the requirements of the legislation of Ukraine. We provide a full range of services related to the selection, staffing and employment on the ships of the German shipping company Briese Schiffahrts GmbH of highly qualified candidates of all maritime specialties, certified in accordance with the requirements of the international convention STCW 95.
Briese Crewing Ukraine is the main partner of Briese Crew Management in Ukraine.
Maritime Agency "Briese Crewing Ukraine" is the main partner in Ukraine of the German shipping company "Briese Schiffahrts GmbH & Co Kg", cooperation with which is based on direct hiring, eliminating the problems and costs associated with mediation and double agency and enabling our Agency to carry out effective staffing for more than 150 vessels of the Company, including such types as container ships, station wagons, bulk carriers, vessels carrying heavy cargo and coastal vessels.
The company "Briese Schiffahrts GmbH & Co Kg" is one of the leading shipping companies in the world, which tend to stable dynamic development and increase the volume of cargo transportation and provides work on modern fully automated vessels (the average age of ships is 7 years), equipped in accordance with all convention requirements, which makes it possible to ensure highly efficient trouble-free operation of ships and safe work of crews.
Briese Crewing Ukraine, Odessa
Aleksey KoucheryavyyManaging director
Rymma VasylevskaOffice manager
Darina NasonovaCrewing manager
History of the company's creation
Briese Schiffahrts GmbH & Co. KG, headquartered in Leer, was founded in 1984 by professor and sea captain Rolf Briese.
From the very beginning of its creation, the company focused on the market of general/multi-purpose cargo and heavy cargo. The company is constantly modernizing its fleet (the average age of vessels is not older than 7 years).
The company has its own chartering department, BBC Chartering and Briese Chartering, which together charter more than 300 vessels worldwide and are world leaders in the transportation of general/multi-purpose and heavy cargo.
The head office of Briese Schiffahrts provides:
- Analysis of shipping markets followed by the construction, development and planning of cargo ship projects by engineers from Briese Schiffahrts GmbH & Co. KG.
- Timetable and resource planning, cargo acquisition, vessel chartering, conclusion of charter contracts, optimization of transport workflows.
- Purchase and sale of vessels in the domestic market and international shipping companies.
- Vessel certification.
- Scheduling of vessels at the dock (inspectors establish the available capacity of the shipyard along the proposed routes in cooperation with the charterer [or immediate availability in case of damage], draw up tender proposals, select the shipyard, arrange repairs / other works, commission maintenance engineers, supervise the dock, inspect / check the performance and completion dates, inspect / verify the works in the shipyard, as well as the final invoice and the preparation of the relevant documentation at the head office) in cooperation with the various subsidiaries of the company in the group represent an extensive strategic network.
- Development of fully integrated logistics models for the global shipping market.
- Audit and compliance with national and international maritime regulations.
- Shipboard Maintenance, Maritime Services and Operational Readiness.
- Various ship supplies.
- Crewing by our own crewing department, including crewing for foreign companies.
- Registration of vessels under German and international flags.
- Control over the construction of new ships in Germany and abroad.
- Repair and inspection of vessels in German and international ports.
In collaboration with various subsidiaries, the company within the group forms an extensive strategic network.
Policy of the crewing
company “Briese Crewing Ukraine” Ltd:
As the main partner of Briese Schiffahrts GmbH & Co Kg in Ukraine, in our daily activities we are guided by the principles and requirements defined in the Company's policy and clearly aware that only human resources on shore and on the ship, their highly qualified training, motivation and conscientious attitude to their duties, as well as comprehensive coordination of the work of all onshore units can ensure high-quality and safe operation of ships.
Our staff consists of experienced and qualified crewing managers with specialized education, experience at sea, well aware of the fact that successful and effective work depends on competent and close cooperation of shore and ship personnel, attentive attitude to the Agency's clients and strict performance of their duties.
The main criteria for the selection of candidates for employment in the company "Briese Schiffahrts GmbH & Co Kg are professional qualities and work experience. One of the defining criteria is also the level of knowledge of English in the profile within the requirements defined by the company.
In connection with the foregoing, registration in the Agency's database is carried out (if there are working documents corresponding to the position held) only after a detailed interview in English with the director and / or representative of the Briese Schiffahrts Company.
When selecting, recruiting and hiring crews, we are guided by the criteria of our company and give preference to candidates with:
- Availability of specialized maritime education and training;
- Certificates in accordance with STCW 95;
- Knowledge of ISM Code and ISPS Code;
- Experience in mixed crews;
- Recommendations from the previous place of work;
- Appropriate level of English.